Door Kick Plate Installation Guide
EZ Mounting Installation
Kick plates are generally installed on the lower section of your door in order to protect it from damage from people passing through the entryway. A secondary benefit is aesthetic appeal, as kick plates for doors can also act as decoration, personalization, or stylistic flare. A kick plate that matches the door’s existing hardware can be a very attractive addition to any entryway.
There are three door kick plate installation options available: screw mount, adhesive mount, or magnetic mount for steel doors. Please read through the instructions below and watch our installation video to ensure proper installation and to avoid product damage or harming yourself - Careful! Edges can be sharp.
Note: kick plates for doors are specially packaged to prevent damage during shipping. They have a clear protective plastic film on the front side that must be removed during or after installation. Matching screws can be found enclosed in the brown paper sleeve protecting the kick plate.
Mounting A Kick Plate for Your Door
- Screws: For wooden and other solid doors, the most common mounting method is using screws. Use tacks lightly stuck through the corner holes of your kick plate in order to align it properly. After you have the kick plate in place and properly aligned, you can place screws into the inner holes and then replace the tacks with screws last.
- Adhesive: Mounting with adhesive is a great option for a semi-permanent fixture. It is important to have the plate properly aligned and located the first time you attach the kick plate. Please see video below. Please note the temperature of the door and plate should be consistently at 50 degrees F for proper adhesion.
- Magnetic: A magnet mount option is a perfect, fixed but non-permanent, option for a steel door. Not sure your door is steel? Use a refrigerator magnet to check! Simply line up your kick plate and stick it to your door.
Dog Scratch Protection Plate Installation
There are two installation options available for our patented dog scratch protection plates: adhesive mount or magnetic mount for steel doors - both are very simple processes!
Check out all of our Dog Scratch Protection Plate options HERE!
- Adhesive: Mounting with adhesive is a great option for a semi-permanent fixture. It is important to have the plate properly aligned and located the first time you attach the plate.
- Magnetic: A magnet mount option is a perfect, fixed but non-permanent, option for a steel door. Not sure your door is steel? Use a refrigerator magnet to check! Simply line up your plate and stick it to your door.
If you have any questions about the installation process that are not mentioned here, please send us an email at sales@DeckTheDoorDecor.com. If you are ready to make your purchase, check out our selection of door kick plates or dog scratch prevention plates and place your custom order today!